Dispensing of Medications Policy
Date: Approved 1/11/00
Objective: To establish the position of Covenant Christian Academy regarding the possession and administration of medications.
Scope: This policy applies to all students attending and enrolled at CCA.
1. Covenant Christian Academy is a non-dispensing school.
2. Any legal/prescribed medications necessary to a student’s health must be carried and administered by that student or student’s parent.
3. Written notification from the student’s parent apprising the teacher/Headmaster of any medication being carried or taken by a student while on school property (including bus transportation) or while under the supervision of Covenant Christian Academy (including school trips or other functions) must be on file in the CCA office.
4. A student may possess only an amount of medication necessary to preserve the health of the student through one school day.
5. Neither CCA, nor its teachers or staff are permitted to store medications for students. An exception may be made with board approval for the storage of medication that needs to be refrigerated and/or on hand in the event of an emergency, e.g. insulin, severe allergic reaction medicine, etc. Such decisions will be made solely at the discretion and the direction of the board of directors of Covenant Christian Academy.